Dr Ingrid Wilson MB ChB BSc(Hons) DRCOG MPH FFPH IAT MTTS
Hair loss training and experience
After personal experience of hair loss, and realising the major impact it could have, Dr Wilson began a journey of learning about hair and scalp issues.
She has been a GP since 1999 and continues to work in the speciality.
Like many UK GPs she received one week of training in skin and hair before qualifying. Unable to find a suitable in depth course at the time for GPs, she completed the 2 year Trichology Course with the Institute of Trichologists gaining a distinction in both years, being the only student in her cohort to do so. She was also awarded the John Mason Memorial Prize for Excellence in her first year, which is only awarded when there is a ‘candidate of high enough calibre to merit it’.
She has continued to update herself by membership of various organisations relevant to hair and skin as well as regularly writing content (please see below). She uses technology from the Aesthetics Sector in helping people to tackle hair loss.
Further details on qualifications and experiences can be found at (4) Dr Ingrid Wilson | LinkedIn
She has taught examined and consulted at the Institute of Trichologists’ Clinic in London and also gained further experience helping patients with hair loss independently, including at a branch of The Private Clinic of Harley Street. She has written articles on hair loss for a range of audiences and spoken at various events.
She believes that it is important to be knowledgeable about the hair processing techniques in Afro-textured hair which has different requirements to European/Asian hair. She was certified in 2015 by the National Beauty Institute in: Hair Cutting, Hair Braiding and Weave, Afro hair relaxer and the Brazilian Blow Dry.
Realizing that many patients with hair loss will have issues with eyebrows and lashes, she has also completed training in individual eyelash extensions, brow treatments and brow lamination with lash perfect.
She is keen to help those with advanced hair loss through the supply of wigs, headwear and hairpieces from Trendco. This includes the ability to fit men’s hair replacement systems.
Aesthetic training and experience
The interest in aesthetics started following an injury which led to a loss of pigment and learning about skin camouflage. This led to learning further about how the aesthetic sector can help to address cosmetic skin concerns which are not covered by the NHS. This included VTCT and Sterex qualifications for electrolysis for permanent hair removal and advanced cosmetic procedures to the Level 7 BTEC for Laser.
She has received training in wrinkle relaxing injections using Botulinum Toxin from several providers, fillers training, Platelet Rich Plasma training and mesotherapy and is able to offer these services at the clinic.
Training in medical grade skincare has been completed with Obagi, Zo Skin Health, Cyspera and Neostrata ranges.
- Fellow of the Faculty of Public Health
- Member of the Primary Care Dermatology Society
- Affiliate Trichologist Member of the British Association of Hair Restoration Surgery
- Member of the British Hair and Nail Society
- Member of the Aesthetics Complications Expert Group
- Member of the Society of Cosmetic Scientists
- Member of the Cheshire Aesthetics Academy
- Member of the Education Committee of the British Association of Skin Camouflage
- Certified Trichologist International Association of Trichologists
- Member of the Trichological Society
- Midlands Aesthetics Group
Hair and Skin Education - examples
- Pigmentation Un-Covered (Aesthetic Source). September 2019
- Cicatricial Alopecia Research Foundation online events
- International Trichology Congress. September 2019. Subscriber to the monthly meetings
- British Hair and Nail Society meeting. 2019, 2018
Presentations - examples
- CCR Expo – introducing non surgical hair loss treatments to your business. October 2021
- Business of Hair – Hair Loss in Black women . June 2021
- Skin lightening – What you need to know. Alafia Health event, London. January 2020
- Hair Loss – What you need to know. Spotlight Expo. August 2019
- New developments in CCCA. The Trichological Society Annual Presidents Day. May 2018.